Tenant Screening Process for Individual Landlords
Ordering background reports and credit checks is easy once you've set up your E-Renter Individual Account.
Step 1: Place Order
Log in & enter tenant information:
- Social Security #
- Date of birth
- Present address*
- Email address*
*Required if ordering credit check.
Step 2: Tenant's Hand-Signed Consent
Tenant consent to release information required by law (from rental application or separate form). This is separate and in addition to Step 3 below.
- Fax to 1.866.614.1444, or
- Email attachment to , or
- Paperless Tenant Consent
(See sidebar at right)
Step 3: Tenant Confirmation & Payment of $1.99 Fee
(Only if ordering credit check)
Application & tenant info must be confirmed. This is separate and in addition to Step 2 above.
- Tenant receives email link to website.
- Confirm application & info on website.
- Pay $1.99 with credit card or debit card (with Visa or MasterCard logo).
(See sidebar at right if tenant does not have email.)
Step 4: Report Delivered
Verified landlords can view their report. Unverified landlords receive email notice results are ready to view.
- Background reports available within one-hour (Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm Pacific). Evenings & weekends: same-day service.
- Credit Check (if ordered) will appear immediately following online confirmation (Step 3 above).
Paperless Tenant Consent
- Login, go to My Account
- Complete form with your name, address, SSN, & date of birth
- Keep consent on file for 5 years
No Email for Tenant?
- Provide link to tenant from your order confirmation.
- Or, print & give tenant our E-Renter Tenant Information.
- Confirmation can be completed on any computer.
You pay only for the reports you order. That's the E-Renter promise to you.
For more details about E-Renter services and reports, visit our Services page.
To compare the services available with Individual or Commercial E-Renter Accounts, click