How It Works – Tenant Screening Process for Individual Landlords
Ordering background reports and credit checks is easy once you’ve set up your E-Renter® Individual Account.
Step 1: Place Order
Log in and enter tenant information:
- Social Security #
- Date of birth
- Present address*
- Email address*
*Required if ordering credit check.
Step 2: Tenant’s Hand-Signed Consent
Tenant consent to release information required by law (from rental application or separate form). This is separate and in addition to Step 3 below.
- Fax to 1.866.614.1444, or
- email us your tenant’s signed consent form, or
- Paperless Tenant Consent
(See sidebar at right)
Step 3: Tenant Confirmation and Payment of $1.99 Fee
(Only if ordering credit check)
Application and tenant info must be confirmed. This is separate and in addition to Step 2 above.
- Tenant receives email link to website.
- Confirm application and info on website.
- Pay $1.99 with credit card or debit card (with Visa or MasterCard logo).
(See sidebar at right if tenant does not have email.)
Step 4: Report Delivered
Verified landlords can view their report. Unverified landlords receive email notice results are ready to view.
- Background reports available within one-hour (Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm Pacific). Evenings and weekends: same-day service.
- Credit Check (if ordered) will appear immediately following online confirmation (Step 3 above).
Do I need a Commercial Account?
Pay only for the reports you need – no sign-up fees, no monthly fees, no minimums. Just pay as you go!
You pay only for the reports you order. That’s the E-Renter promise to you.
Sign up for your FREE E-Renter Account Now.
For more details about E-Renter services and reports, visit our Services page.
To compare the services available with Individual or Commercial E-Renter Accounts, click here.